Week 10 Progress


This week myself and Chris got a lot of work done. We decided to use Asana to organize the work among our fellow team-mates. InstaGantt was good but it wasn't working for us properly and easily so we decided to work using solely asana.

The job list was by far the biggest and most important part of our project. The team-leaders met up on Wednesday and I led the meeting along with Chris. I asked every team-leader what they would like to present in the final stage of the game and from there I broke it down on the steps they would need to take before getting to the finished product. It was fun to see other peoples idea's and layouts and see what the team had to offer. After making a list of the jobs on an A2 size of paper, I then jumped on asana and went away with listing all the work.

To-do List made with Asana
Asana was helpful because it allowed me to set up the dates and also integrate it with slack so we get notifications when a due date is coming up. It also gave me a clear idea of all the work that was needed for when and what is High Risk vs. Low Risk.

Using Slack I was able to notify all of my team-mates with the update list. I also expanded on the jobs in separate channels to make sure everyone was on the same page rather than people private messaging me.
After making the list, Chris and I then assigned the jobs to everyone. We took into consideration people's skills, time constraints and how many jobs they can undertake without stressing too much. We also gave jobs to some people depending on their previous experience working with that particular job i.e Chloe having previous knowledge with Adobe Fuze.
Announcement to the Slack Chat


List of all Channels we have set up for members

The method of assigning jobs

My work for this week and next is as follows:
  • Gun Mechanics - Setting down the basic workings for guns and bullets and also figure out the ammo boxes and locations if needed
  • Scripts - I assigned myself the job of creating all the necessary scripts that Aidan and the Level Design team might need. I.e if they need an animation script for a door opening I can help them out by coding that script and having it on standby.






Comments

  1. Hi James, glad to see your game is coming along. I like the fact that you have a solid plan and deadlines for each task. Also judging by other peoples blogs, it looks like your game is coming along and I'm sure it's gonna be great! Can't wait to see the final outcome! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts